Gangtok Weekend Tour
03 Nights/04 Days
- Changu Lake
Nestled within higher peaks of the Himalaya and enjoying a year-round mild temperate climate, Gangtok is at the centre of Sikkim’s tourism industry. It is the capital & largest town of Sikkim.
Gangtok is located in the Shivalik Hills of the eastern Himalayan range, at an altitude of 1,437 metres (4,715 ft). The town, with a population of thirty thousand belonging to different ethnicities such as Indian-Nepalis, Lepchas and Bhutia.
Gangtok rose to prominence as a popular Buddhist pilgrimage site after the construction of the Enchey Monastery in 1840. After India won its independence from Britain in 1947, Sikkim chose to remain an independent monarchy, with Gangtok as its capital. In 1975, after the integration with the union of India, Gangtok was made India’s twenty-second state capital.
Bagdogra - Gangtok
Assistance at Bagdogra/NJP and drive to Gangtok 125 kms/ 5 hours approx. Rest of the day is free for personal activities and exploration.
Changu Lake Excursion
The entire of today is designed with an excursion to Changu Lake which is 35 km from Gangtok at an altitude of 12,400 feet. The lake derives its waters from melting snows off the surrounding mountains Legends say that lamas could forecast the future by studying the colour of the lake’s waters. You will also be visiting New Baba Mandir before your return to the hotel.
Proceed for sightseeing in Gangtok visiting:
- Rumtek Monastery
- Tashi View Point
- Ganesh Tok
- Flower Show
- Do Drul Chorten
- Institute of Tibetology
- Cottage Industry
- Bakthang Falls.
After breakfast & check-out from hotel, proceed to depart from the NJP Railway Station/ IXB Airport.
Inclusions & Exclusions
Tour Package Includes
- Accommodation is on twin sharing basis
- Meals : breakfast at all places
- Transfers from one place to another
- Sightseeing in private cars
- Vehicle will be provided based on the itinerary
- All current taxes such as hotel taxes and transportation taxes
Tour Package Excludes
- Entrance fees at the monuments/ temples
- Meals not mentioned in inclusions
- Personal Expenses / Purchase of things
- Any kind of insurance
- Any increase in the govt. taxes and state taxes
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary.
Policy Regarding Cancellation / No Show / Early Departure
In case of cancellation of tour/travel services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reason/s we must be informed in writing. Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive letter in writing and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 16 days to prior to arrival – 50% of the tour/service cost.
- 15 days to 01 days prior to arrival or no show – 100% of the tour/service cost.
Please note – Irrespective of above mentioned cancellations slabs – in case of cancellation of tour services after the booking is made with us – a minimum 10% service charges would be applicable.