India is home to a considerable number of tourist attractions. And, one of the such famous destinations is Sikkim, known as the brother state of Northeast India. Bordered by Bhutan, Tibet, and Nepal, Sikkim offers mind-stirring Mt Kanchenjunga views, lying beautifully at an elevation of 8586 m.
Get proper insights into exploring Sikkim from a reliable tour operator. A cost-effective Sikkim Gangtok tour package comprises transport, outdoor sightseeing, lodging, meals, etc. Sikkim houses several stunning hill stations noted for their natural ardour and Gangtok is one of them.
Mesmerizing Places to Visit In Sikkim
Witness the splendour of Sikkim by visiting:
- Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim, formed as a pilgrimage site and nestled in East Sikkim. Capture the sights of snow-laden views of Mount Kanchenjunga and other mighty Himalayan ranges from Gangtok. Explore Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Tashi View Point, Rumtek Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Ganesh Tok, Enchey Monastery, Do Drul Chorten, Shiv Temple, etc. in Gangtok.
- Nathula Pass is a picturesque location in the Dongkya Range of the Himalayas tucked between the Indian states of Sikkim and West Bengal and China’s Yadong County in Tibet. This high-altitude mountain pass sits at 4310 m., which shortens the distance between significant Buddhist and Hindu sacred sites. A special permit/Inner Line Permit is required to approach the location.
- Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is a paradise on earth for adventure and nature enthusiasts. It’s a glacial lake in Sikkim nestled at 3753 m. The view of the lake fascinates our senses. And with the changing of seasons, the lake transforms its colors and in the winter season, the lake remains frozen. You might book a Sikkim tour package for 7 days.
- Yumthang Valley is in North Sikkim, popularly known as the Valley of Flowers. Yumthang Valley is a must-visit destination settled picturesquely at a height of 3700 m. This mesmerizing flower valley is some 25 km away from Lachung and the base point for visiting the iconic Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary.
- Gurudongmar Lake is a stunning, extremely high-altitude lake in North Sikkim at a height of 5154 m. It’s a holy Lake and is one of the highest lakes in the world and India according to the Government of Sikkim, believed sacred by Buddhists, Hindus, and Sikhs. Avail of budget-friendly Sikkim Gangtok tour packages.
- Lachung is a spectacular hill station in North Sikkim close to the Tibet border. Snow-covered mountain peaks, pristine river streams, and wonderful waterfalls make up the surroundings of Lachung. The hill station of Lachung acts as a base camp for tourists heading to the mesmerizing Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary in Yumthang Valley.
If you’re planning a holiday in Sikkim, know that the ideal time is March to May and October to early-December. Many regions in Sikkim experience extreme cold during winter. Heavy rain during the Monsoon in Sikkim triggers landslides in some locations in the state like Nathula Pass.